Coping while in a Winter Lockdown
As we head into winter ❄ and a second lockdown 🔐, here are some coping tips for you and your family to consider:
1. Rely on experience- this is round two and we have more of an idea about what to expect.
2. Make the mundane special- add small acts of variety to daily tasks- liven it up!
3. Punctuate your day- connect with the outside world and/or a person outside of your family.
4. Monitor your news intake- very easy to check the news too frequently which can lead to anxiety, feelings of hopelessness, sleep concerns, etc.
5. Brave the weather- "There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes."
6. Get support- not everyone feels like we are all in this together- especially kids. Children and teens need help processing their emotions in healthy ways- counselling can help.
Reach out for help Shannonburtontherapy@gmail.com